Friday 6 March 2020

Third time's the charm


I’ll be honest,

It’s laughable.

But its not.

It’s undeniable,

Undefinable,

That you would do this.

To me.



Who me?

Who’s that?

The daughter.

That’s fat.



Hi there.

Nice to meet you.

Do me a favour will you Fran.

AUTHENTICATE ME.

Please.

It was you that was the disease.



We did our best

A poor workman blames his tools father.

Oh dearest,

Oh nearest,

You are somewhat beyond belief.

That to throw away the broken one,

And replace it,

Steal its life.

YOU’RE THE THEIF.



Here was me thinking,

Broken hearts on both side.

How silly

How foolish.

Only mine died.



A new child?

At your age?

You ancient old fuck

How dare you

How could you?

Push your damn luck.



Call me!

YES ME!

Whilst I’m busy at work

With my life

With my wife

And disturb my world.



Vouch for me

Tell them

It wasn’t that bad

That you’re the fuck up

And it wasn’t because of dear old dad



Tell them you’re broken

And we tried our best

Tell them you’re the dyke

Who won’t wear the damn dress



The liar and the cheat

We tried to hard to shape

But all you did was cause us

Such pain and heartbreak



We’re victims

We’re crying

We’re dying inside

Because you little daughter

Were so full of lies



Such a fine education

And a fucking ski trip

And all you gave us

Was cheek and your lip



Ungrateful ungrateful

You spiteful little girl

Thank god we get a third chance

To rule the world.



A prodigy

A hope

A new version of you

Improved, removed

And just like us two.



You’re hurtful

And hateful

And didn’t quite fit

So we got a new one

We got a pure one

To try once again

Because we failed with you

Because of you

And it hasn’t sat to well.



See we’re barkers

And we own things

And we like what we want

So vouch for me

Love for me

Tell them

Tell me

That you’re grateful and your someone

And its all because of me



Phone flashing

You’re name

After 8 months or more

Not merry Christmas

Not happy new year

Just do this for me



Pure silence

Pure removal

And I kept it that way

I cut you out

I ripped you out

Because you broke my heart



In the beginning

In the middle

On my wedding day

In the end



You’ll drive me crazy with your bullshit

I’ll go right round the bend.



See what you don’t know

What you don’t see

Is I made me without you

You don’t credit

You don’t get worship

You don’t get authenticity.



I built this

I own this

This love

This is me



And I won’t condemn another to end up cast out of your family.



-          Be nice to meet my little sibling

Pass on a hello from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment