Tuesday, 6 October 2026

I re-watched Sweatbox, so I wrote about handcuffs... as you do.

 Don't give me jewellery.

I don't wear bracelets.

I never have.

Don't give me chains,

They don't work well with this smile.

They don't hold me,

They just choke for a little while.

Slow me down,

Not for long, 

Don't give me jewellery

It doesn't look good on me.

Don't steal the crown jewels for me,

Diamonds, sapphires,

It's all just distraction tactics,

Dazzle you like a lie

When it's zirconia

When it's fire.

Liar.


I don't want the tiaras

Femme was never my thing

I don't want the rings,

Keep your heavy bangles,

Keep your trash

Your shiny bling


I shake the shackles loose

Clatter to the ground

Like a robbery in broad daylight

Smashed glass and broken pieces

Hit the floor

Run for the door

Thief

I told you I didn't want any jewels

Dont steal for me

Dont feel for me


The chains that bind

Are only in your mind

Because mine were never tied

Never bound

Just outloud

Words not tapers

Not clasps

Not clicks,

One, two, tight, more.


Sat in the dungeon

The hangman comes to call

He jingles, jangles,

Keys down the hall.


Hand, fair maiden

Hand.

Both

Clasp

Together


Like a prayer

On your knees

Please

Pray

Say

You are sorry.


No bracelets for me

Just the jingle jangle of the lock

The key

Not for me

Not today


I must have a sweet face

As I'm the only one not bound

In my little rat warren

My little box of charm

There's blood on the ceiling

There's piss on the floor

From the princess who was bound here before.


I wonder why I dazzle

Like a magpie in the light

Looking at shiny things

So clear, so bright

I wonder why they didn't chain me

Why I got to go jewelerry free

Maybe they were invisible

A new kind of bling

Like a chain that binds me

In the dark

It glows a little more

A brand perhaps

A souveinier of sorts

A reminder

That we're never far from thoughts

Of solace

Of silence

Of systems 

Of silos


New ring now

Time for something different

Put down the shackles of the past.

New bracelet?

It looks good though.

No comments:

Post a Comment