Wednesday 28 May 2014

They call it love

The sunlight creeps through the blinds,
And she's managed it again,
Oh yes - she's asleep on my side.

She is wrapped up in the duvet,
She will wake in the night,
Sneak it back over me,
Like a ninja,
She will pretend it was there, untouched.

I love her. So so much.

It's always her most beautiful hour,
The waking minutes...
Before we get up, get out and shower.
Somewhere between awake and asleep,
We steal glances in the morning,
She's a sneaky one, a little sleep creep!
Inching closer for a kiss on the cheek,
It's followed by the first words shes says every morning,
I open my eyes just to hear her speak.

I love you.
Then she says my name.
And I remember who I am,
And how I found myself.

A shadow on a wall,
Always just out of reach.
It tricked me for so long,
I only existed when the sunlight came out,
Flickering in places
Fading away at the end of the day.

Darkness.

So maybe she's the moonlight, the sunlight,
The dusk, the dawn.
All I know is when she holds me,
I'm somehow reborn.
Each day a new beginning,
A new start, a new chance.

Sometimes we fall asleep,
I don't know where I end and she starts,
Because we are bound together,
I can hear the beating of her heart.
I fall asleep on her,
Sometimes she laughs when I have a little snore,
Sometimes she pokes me,
Because she doesn't want to hear anymore.

There has been nights where she talks,
Completely in the dark,
Fast asleep and dreaming,
She pulls on my heart.
She whispers I love you in the silence,
And I press my lips to hers.
Oh shes clever this girl,
I fall for it everytime,
She grabs me like a tiger and says quietly that shes mine.

So I can be lost,
She will find me,
I can be broken,
We will fix it.
I can be everything I want to be,
I can walk on water,
I can conquer,
I can triumph,
I can shine.

Because that girl,
The love of my life,
She makes everything just fine.
Like a fire burning brightly,
We'll move forward together,
And hope for love to last forever,
Until the end of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment