Tuesday 1 April 2014

Happy Mother's Day

I would have sent you flowers,
But they'd live, love and die like we did,
I would have said I love you,
I would have told the truth,
I would have said I miss you,
And that this still hurts like hell.

I miss you every day,
And I hate that I do,
I hate this burning pain,
Does that mean I hate you?

I read back the texts I sent you,
It's me saying sorry and please,
But its you that caused the car crash
Will I ever be free?

You have words that cut like knives,
And you never give me time,
To show you,
To love you,
To find a way to make it right,
You just throw things at me,
They come back to me in the dead of night.

You said I was damaged and that I was no good,
You said that you were better of without me,
So I ran as fast as I could.
You live your life without me,
Like I'm just an echo from before,
You live without your daughter,
Who's laid out on the floor.

I won't say sorry forever,
Because I wasn't always wrong,
I won't beg for you to love me,
This has gone of for too long.

So I didn't text you,
I didn't say I care,
I didn't send my love,
Because your just not there.
I battled with my phone,
It was in my hand all day long,
I had to remind myself,
To just leave it alone.

I work so hard every day,
To put right each wrong,
I work to make it better,
To show you you were wrong.

I can be great, I can be good,
But it will never be enough,
I can be yours, you can be mine, 
But there really is no love.

I'm a name on a piece of paper,
You signed so long ago,
I'm your daughter by law, 
But will forever be, nothing more.

You can close your eyes at night time,
And pretend I don't exist,
But I'll linger in your heart somewhere,
And one day you'll let me in.

I worry about you every day,
I hope that you are all okay,
I love you from this broken heart,
But I come first now with this new start,
The door won't close,
Not from my side,
It's your turn now, 
I've tried and tried.

Come get me when you find your heart,
Because if you don't we'll stay apart.
We'll grow old, we'll turn grey,
And then will come a fateful day,
Where time has passed,
We've lost eachother,
And all we have is hope of heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment