Monday 7 April 2014

Snakes

Writing from anger,
Will only get you so far,
But its safer on a page,
Than a scar on an arm.

You were a danger
To yourself and to me
You are a snake,
It's easy to see.

Amoungst the fakery and the facade,
People will out you,
It's really not hard.

Pretending we're a part of it,
Pretending you care,
But dropping each one of us,
If the funding's not there.

You pull people in,
With your smiles and words,
How we fall for it,
Is quite obsurd.

Was I always this stupid?
Always so naive?
Because its easy in retrospect,
To see whats up your sleeve.

Money money money
Not a face or a name.
You won't remember mine,
It's all just a game.

Numbers not people,
You really don't care,
Your a danger and I'll show them,
There's nothing really there.

Recovery you told me,
Recovery we'd find,
But with you lot,
It's the blind leading the blind.

I've never known such chaos,
Such deceit and such lies,
I've never known people,
So easy to cut ties.

I thought you'd make me better,
I thought together we would try,
To build something on the wreckage,
But you just set it on fire.

I walked away,
I had no choice,
You would have had it all,
You would have taken every part of me,
Every part of my soul.

I told you things in confidence,
You shared them with the group,
You made me feel alone,
That was your real end goal,
It's sad to see, it's not just me,
That's just how low you stoop.

People come to you,
In dire times of need,
You suss them out,
You cut them out,
And then you watch them bleed.

They pour it out,
They scream and shout,
They share and care and leave.
Because all you do is sit and count,
The money in and out,
Lies to lies, deceive.

Hope is what we came for,
But it's what got destroyed.
Because you play with people,
Like they are only toys.

There is no trust,
There is no hope,
You entire existence is a joke.
I hope and pray,
That soon one day,
People will learn to see,
The only change that's needed now,
Is to walk out and be set free.

I trusted you,
I fooled myself,
I thought you'd got my back,
But as it turns out,
You weren't about,
And you never were really there.
But it's fine by me,
Because soon you'll see,
Just how little I care.

I walked away,
To build the day,
The day of something great.
I made myself,
I gave myself,
This chance to shine and shine,
I'll build it tall,
I'll build it strong,
I'll help, I'll love and care,
As long as I know that one day soon,
You won't be there.

I'll take you to pieces,
Like you tried to do to me,
I'll do it the right way,
For everyone to see.

You were a danger
To yourself and to me
You are a snake,
It's easy to see.



No comments:

Post a Comment